BeehiveID has been getting noticed.
- November 24, 2015 - Hackers, Trackers and Risk: 3 Experts Weigh In On Security For Your Startup, BuildinAustin
- October 15, 2015 - 10 Entrepreneurs Share the Quotes that Inspired their Success, AllProWebTools
- October 8, 2015 - Recap: Austin App Strategy Workshop, Application Developers Alliance
- September 20, 2015 - A Startup Master Tackling Online Fraud - Mary Haskett of BeehiveID, Startup | Chronicle (video)
- September 9, 2015 - A Comprehensive List of Women-Led Startups in Austin, AustinInno
- September 7, 2015 - How To React When You Discover a Direct Competitor To Your Startup, Global Dating Insights Interview
- September 1, 2015 - BeehiveID Launches Selfie-Authentication Service, CEO Interview Online Personals Watch
- May 28, 2015 - Online Identity & Fraud Prevention PG Dating Pro (Guest Blog)
- May 21, 2015 - From Building ID Systems in Iraq for the US Government to Online Dating: We Meet BeehiveID's Alex Kilpatrick Global Dating Insights
- May 6, 2015 - The End of Open Social Network APIs? Global Dating Insights (Guest Blog)
- March 13, 2015 - How We Detect Fraudulent Images Global Dating Insights (Guest Blog)
- March 10, 2015 - 50 Austin Startups You Absolutely Must Know About FoundersGrid
- February 12, 2015 - 50 Austin Startups to Watch in 2015 Built In Austin
- January 6, 2015 - After Techstars and TVL, BeehiveID seeks to transform online ID authentication Built In Austin
- December 14, 2014 - Facial Recognition Technologies: Beneficial, But Scary? LifeLock Blog
- December 10, 2014 - Texas Venture Labs Fall Expo Showcases New Startups Silicon Hills
- November 5, 2014 - Regional Finals for North America - SmartCamp style! IBM SmartCamp Blog
- October 24, 2014 - BeehiveID Hires New VP of Sales PRWeb
- September 9, 2014 - At TechStars' FounderCon, data-driven analysis leads the way JWT Intelligence
- August 12, 2014 - Featured BizSpark Startup: BeehiveID TechNet
- July 16, 2014 - Identity Verification Just Got Stronger PRWeb
- July 1, 2014 - How Old Are You Really? Challenges in Online Age Verification and Possible Solutions SFATA Newsletter
- June 11, 2014 - BeehiveID Selected as a Finalist for Regional IBM SmartCamp TechRanch
- June 9, 2014 - 25 V2Venture Pitch Competition Finalists Announced SXSW V2V Las Vegas
- February 25, 2014 BeehiveID Founder Interview Online Personals Watch
- January 31, 2014 BeehiveID: Using SuperPowers for Good TechZette
Come by and see us some time!
Here are some places where you can:
- We have no events currently planned. Please check back later.
- October 6, 2015 - Austin App Strategy Workshop, Austin, TX
The Application Developers Alliance is doing a day long workshop partnered with Austin Startup Week. Our founder, Mary Haskett, is speaking on a panel - Startup Stories: Local Entrepreneurs Share Secrets for Success.
- September 29 - October 1, 2015 Global Gaming Expo, Las Vegas, NV
- September 22, 2015 6:00 PM CST Product Hunt Austin Meetup, Austin, TX
- September 11, 2015 Cloud Developer Bootcamp, Austin, TX
The focus will be building cloud development skills on Internet of Things (IoT), cognitive computing with Watson, and Mobile, using IBM Bluemix cloud development and deployment platform. Both beginning and advanced workshops will be offered for each topic. The Bootcamp starts with breakfast at 8:30AM and runs until 1:30PM. It is a free event.
- June 26, 2015 Cloud Developer Bootcamp, Austin, TX
Cloud developers in the Austin, TX area, come to a daylong hands-on bootcamp of IBM Bluemix for Internet of Things (IoT), cognitive computing with IBM Watson, mobile app development and design centric development. The IBM Austin Cloud Ecosystem team brings you this bootcamp for beginning to advanced developers.
- June 4, 2015 - Webinar: Traditional Fraud Prevention is Costing You Customers
- May 21, 2015 - IDEA Roundtable Dinner - San Francisco, CA
- May 13, 2015 - IDEA Roundtable Dinner - Dallas, TX
- May 11, 2015 - IDEA Roundtable Dinner - New York, NY
- May 7, 2015 3:00 PM CST - Webinar: Fraud Prevention Without Commerce Prevention
- May 7, 2015 8:00 AM CST - Webinar: Fraud Prevention Without Commerce Prevention
- May 5-6, 2015 - ID360 2015 The Identity Economy in Austin, Texas
Dr. Alex Kilpatrick presented a paper at the ID360 2015 conference in Austin, Texas in May 2015. The topic is “Delegated Online Identity Verification”.
- January 20-22, 2015 - iDate 2015 in Las Vegas
Our co-founder Dr. Alex Kilpatrick spoke at the iDate 2015 conference in Las Vegas in January 2015. The topic was “Fraud Prevention and Identity – a Spectrum of Technologies”.
- December 10, 2014 - Texas Venture Labs Fall Showcase
BeehiveID was featured as one of 12 Austin startups showcased at the Fall Showcase of the Jon Brumley Texas Venture Labs at the University of Texas at Austin.
- November 13, 2014 - IBM SmartCamp Regional Finals - San Francisco
We won the regional IBM SmartCamp and made it to the regional finals in San Francisco! The event is November 13th at the Regency Center in San Francisco.
- November 12, 2014 - pii2014 Silicon Valley
BeehiveID is proud to be included in the Innovator's Spotlight at the Privacy Identity Innovation 2014 conference in Silicon Valley. Our co-founder, Dr. Alex Kilpatrick is also speaking on a panel about privacy and face recognition technology.
- September 9, 2014 - TechStars FounderCon
One of the benefits of being a TechStars graduate is access to the network and this year the annual FounderCon is in our home of Austin, Texas. Yee haw!
- July 16, 2014 - SXSW V2Venture Pitch Competition
An elite group of judges and advisory board members reviewed and culled through almost 200 companies over the last three months finding the top contenders to compete in the 2014 V2Venture pitch competition. We are proud to make the list!
- June 16, 2014 - IBM SmartCamp Austin
IBM SmartCamp is a local event organized for the purpose of identifying early-stage entrepreneurs developing business concepts that align with strategies shared with IBM and Tech Ranch Austin, namely, those that promote “smarter planet” principles. We were selected!
- June 5, 2014 - iDate Mobile - Beverley Hills, CA
Our very own Dr. Alex Kilpatrick has been invited to present at iDate, the international internet and mobile dating industry conference, held in Beverly Hills between June d5 - 6, 2014.
- May 6, 2014 - Austin Fintech Meetup
Our CEO, Mary Haskett, was invited to present to the Austin Fintech Meetup held at the Capital Factory to discuss online identity authentication and relevance to the financial community.
- March 22, 2014 - IBM Design Camp
IBM's prestigious Design Camp, held in Austin the week of March 22nd, invited our CEO, Mary Haskett, to participate in their Design Thinking Camp. This camp gathered the movers and shakers of the Software Design Ecosystem at IBM and explored how their design approaches and products could be improved.
- March 8, 2014 - SXSW TechCocktail Pitch Party
CEO Mary Haskett pitched BeehiveID and its proprietary Social Authentication Technology at the dynamic TechCocktail event.
- March 7, 2014 - SXSW TechBreakfast Kickoff
Co-founder and CEO, Mary Haskett, presented BeehiveID to a standing room only crowd at the TechBreakfast Kickoff spectacular.
- June 24, 2013 - TechStars Windows Azure Accelerator Demo Day
We made it through a grueling three months in Seattle to pitch at Demo Day for the Microsoft Accelerator powered by TechStars.
Real people today have a complex web of connections to other people online through interactions like Facebook likes, tweets, check-ins and uploaded photographs. These complex webs cannot be faked by fraudsters. BeehiveID uses advanced identity technologies to comb through this data to establish the Beehive Identity Score. Online merchants use BeehiveID to prevent fraud, spam and abuse and ensure their user accounts are backed by genuine, unique individuals.
The founders have years of experience working with a wide variety of identity technologies, including social network analysis, face recognition, semantic text analysis, machine learning, sentiment analysis, and temporal profiling. BeehiveID performs deep analysis of social data and biometric face matching on the back end to ensure the connections represent real people. The company is a graduate of the TechStars accelerator program and is currently a member of the Austin Technology Incubator, part of the University of Texas at Austin.